1. Proprietary Rights
. As between you and us, we or our licensors, as applicable, own, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Web Site, all the content (including, without limitation, text, photographs, graphics, audio, visual and audiovisual content) other than Submitted Materials (as defined in Section 6 below), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Web Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Web Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Web Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on or through the Web Site.
2. Limited License. You may access and view the content on the Web Site on your computer or other device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Web Site at your own risk and for your personal, non-commercial and internal use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein and use the same in accordance with all restrictions applicable to your use of the Web Site in general. Use of the Web Site and the services offered on or through the Web Site, are only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the Web Site for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
3. Prohibited Use. Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Web Site, or any content, code, data or materials on the Web Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from authorized personnel of the Newspaper or the otherwise applicable rights holder. Other than as expressly allowed herein, you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Web Site. You further agree that you may not alter, edit, delete, remove, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose, any of the content, code, data, or other materials on or made available through the Web Site. This includes, without limitation, the alteration or removal of any Trademarks (as defined in Section 4 below) or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices. If you make other use of the Web Site, or the content, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use (including, without limitation, for violations of copyright and other applicable laws).
4. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Web Site or on content available through the Web Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others and may only be used in accordance with Section 2 above, provided that such use may not be likely to cause customer confusion or, in any manner, disparage or discredit their rights holders. All Trademarks not owned by us that appear on the Web Site or on or through the Web Site’s services, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Web Site grants, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Web Site without our written permission or that of the third party rights holder.
6. Prohibited User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while using the Web Site and the various services and features offered on or through the Web Site (including, for example and without limitation, blogs, Podcasts, RSS feeds, video players, photo galleries, chat rooms and other public or open forums), you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from the Partners or its affiliates, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Web Site’s content, materials or services (for example, without limitation, in an RSS feed or a Podcast received from the Partners or otherwise through the Web Site), or use, redistribute, reuse, republish, repurpose or otherwise exploit such content or service for any purpose or reason, including without limitation, further commercial or promotional purposes; or (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Web Site. You also shall not and, by your use of the Web Site, represent and warrant that you are not:
- engaging in spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of users or other information from the Partners, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Web Site or the services offered on or through the Web Site;
- obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials or information through any means;
- using the Web Site or the Web Site’s services or features in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Web Site or such services or features, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers with requests;
- removing, concealing, editing or otherwise altering any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights notice or any other mark or source identifier included in any content or features made available on or through the Web Site (for example, without limitation, in any Podcast, photograph or text);
- using the Web Site or the Web Site’s services or features in violation of the Partners’ or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary, privacy or legal rights;
- using the Web Site or the Web Site’s services in violation of any applicable law;
- attempting (or encouraging or supporting anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the Web Site or the Web Site’s services, or any content thereof, or make any unauthorized use thereof;
- using the Web Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Web Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Web Site or any of its services; or
- obtaining or attempting to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Web Site.
7. Right to Monitor and Editorial Control. The Partners reserves the right, but does not have an obligation, to monitor and/or to review all materials posted to the Web Site or through the Web Site’s services or features by users, and the Partners are not responsible for any such materials posted by users. The Partners are not responsible for any failure to monitor, review and/or delete any materials posted to the Web Site or through the Web Site’s services or features by users. However, the Partners reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary or advisable to satisfy any law, regulation or government request; and to edit, to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in the Partners’ sole discretion, are objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, the Partners’ policies or applicable law or for any reason whatsoever. We may also impose limits on certain features of the forums or restrict your access to part or all of the forums without notice or penalty if we believe you are in breach of the guidelines set forth in our Terms and Conditions or in violation of applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability.
8. Transactions or Relationships Formed Between Users on the Web Site. Some materials or information accessible in certain areas of the Web Site may be provided by other users and not by the Partners (including, for example and without limitation, information provided by individual property owners and real estate brokers, advertisements for third party or user-provided products or services, and submissions to blogs, photo galleries, message boards, chat rooms, review and ratings forums and other public forums available on or through the Web Site). From time to time, there may be opportunities on or through the Web Site for you to purchase certain products and/or services directly from such third parties (and in many cases, other users) who have advertised such products or services on the Web Site. The Partners assume no responsibility for, and you are solely responsible for confirming, the availability, appropriateness, accuracy, sufficiency, correctness, veracity, completeness, reliability and timeliness of any such user-provided information, content, products, services, advertising or other materials. The inclusion of any such user-provided content on the Web Site does not imply endorsement or sponsorship by the Partners. You are solely responsible for any and all consequences of any such activities, transactions and relationships that you may conduct or form with other users of the Web Site. Any purchases that you make from such third parties or users who have advertised on or through the Web Site are made at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that the Partners have no responsibility or liability for such purchases and/or transactions.
9. Linking to the Web Site. You agree that if you include a link from any other web site to the Web Site, such link shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of this Web Site. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Web Site or our services, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another web site. You agree not to link from any other web site to this Web Site in any manner such that the Web Site, or any page of the Web Site, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Web Site be discontinued, that the link open in a new browser window, and/or to revoke your right to link to the Web Site from any other web site at any time upon written notice to you.
10. Indemnification. By submitting or posting any User Information, photograph, video, and/or Submitted Materials or by using the Web Site you acknowledge and agree that, in the event that it becomes necessary or advisable for us to defend ourselves, in a court of law or otherwise, with respect to any such User Information, photograph, video, and/or Submitted Materials, or you engage in any prohibited conduct, as described below, we may rely on your representations and warranties contained herein. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Partners, its affiliates and Representatives and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and other costs of enforcing these Terms and Conditions, arising in any way from your use of the Web Site, your placement or transmission of any message, content, information, software or other materials on or through the Web Site, or your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. The Partners reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with the Partners’ defense of such claim and to reimburse the for the reasonable costs and expenses thereof.
11. Orders for Products and Services. We may make certain products available to visitors and registrants of the Web Site. You may only order products if you are 18 years of age or older or, if you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you do so with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. You hereby represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are between the ages of 13 and 17, your parent or legal guardian has consented to your use of the Web Site, as you so use it. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to the Partners. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Certain products that you purchase and/or download on or through the Web Site may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or download or thereafter.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, PLAYABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT OR INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE OR PROVIDED SERVICES WILL MEET USERS’ REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. THE PARTNERS ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR EQUIPMENT ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE WEB SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, INFORMATION, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO CONTENT, AUDIO CONTENT, OR OTHER CONTENT FROM THE WEB SITE.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT ANY PRIOR WARNING. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, THE PARTNERS, ITS AFFILIATES AND REPRESENTATIVES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE directors, officers, employees and agents MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEB SITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE WEB SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE PARTNERS OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED BY THE PARTNERS “AS IS,” EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND THE PARTNERS OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE PARTNERS, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY OF THEIR respective DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PROTECTED ENTITIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA THE WEB SITE, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF SUCH PROTECTED ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PROTECTED ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO THE PARTNERS FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEB SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEB SITE.
15. Applicable Laws. We control and operate the Web Site from our offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Web Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. All parties to these terms and conditions waive their respective rights to a trial by jury.
16. Termination. The Partners may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site or the Web Site’s services (including, without limitation, content, features or hours of availability), at any time and for any reason. The Partners may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Web Site and/or its services if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. If we have banned you from the Web Site or any of the services on or available through the Web Site, you may not return to the Web Site for any reason or in any manner. Once you have been banned from use of the Web Site, you may not thereafter use the Web Site under a new username or identity. In the event that you do return, or attempt to return, to the Web Site or a particular service after you have been banned, you will be deemed to have breached these Terms and Conditions, and the Partners reserve the rights to obtain reimbursement from you for any costs and expenses incurred to enforce these Terms and Conditions and otherwise to pursue all rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity with respect to such breach. The Partners maintains a policy to terminate the Web Site use privileges of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others (including those of the Partners).
17. Changes to Terms and Conditions. The Partners reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time. Changes in the Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Web Site and/or the services made available on or through the Web Site after any changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
18. Miscellaneous. The Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under the Terms and Conditions shall be commenced and be heard in the appropriate court in the State of Texas, County of Bexar, United States of America. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
This Terms and Conditions of Use was last updated on January 11, 2008.