IDENTITY THEFT TIPS & INFORMATION
Identity theft occurs when someone uses another personís personal information without their permission to commit fraud or other crimes.
How many times are you asked to give your Social Security number to a business each month? Do you think twice about giving it to them? How often do you submit some type of personal information over the Internet?
There are more ways for criminals to find your information than we know what to do with, but there are things you can do to help protect yourself from this crime:
- What Is Identity Theft? - This article gives you a basic introduction of how identity theft works and the steps you should take to prevent it from happening to you.
- Protecting Your Social - Your social security number is the most important piece of sensitive information that is used to facilitate identity theft.
- Types of Identity Theft - Identity theft is not always commited in the same way. This article explains the different forms of identity theft.
- Signs of Identity Theft - Learn the signs of identity theft and how to notice if you are a victim.
- 10 Ways To Avoid Identity Theft - How to prevent identity theft from happening to you.
- Preparing for Court - If you are a victim of identity theft, it's a good idea to read this article to learn how to get yourself ready for court.
- Secure Your Computer - One of the easiest ways for thieves to steal your identity is getting access to your computer and then installing spyware or trojans to sniff out your passwords.
- Prevent Phishing Scams - Phishing is usually in the form of an email which appears to be from a trusted source (such as Bank of America), but is really fraudulent and redirects you to a site that captures your sensitive personal information.
- Equifax - Get Up To $20,00 Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
- Protect Your Id - Protect Your ID is an identity theft protection service.
- Free Credit Report - Learn how to obtain your free credit report.
- Intelius - Intelius is an Internet based company that guards against the damaging effects of identity theft.
- LifeLock - Secure Your Identity With Automatic Fraud Alerts, Free Credit Reports, & $1 Million Identity Protection Insurance.
- Resources - These are the some of our recommended reading for anyone interested in learning more about identity theft.
- About Us - Learn more about why we created this website.
- Terms of Service - All the legal jargon :)
Protecting your identity is a serious matter. We encourage you to conduct further research to decide which option is best for protecting your identity.